Monday started out bright and early! Kids up, dressed and out the door by 7 am. Dropped Ryle off at daycare, picked up Ryan and then Gray's ortho appointment. I think we met a resident, fellow and the head doctor. An impressive ensemble. The X-ray was more normal than dysplasic, and his examination using the Barlow and Ortolani tests showed his hips to be stable (no hip clicks and a 60 degree angle of his legs spread). As of now he is "normal" and we need to have a follow-up x-ray in 6 months. We are not to accelerate the start of his walking as the motion of crawling is better on his legs. So that's good news! Gray is "normal"!
Happy 7 month birthday Gray!!!
Poor Gray, as a second child he gets hardly any video or photographs to memorialize his growth! As soon as I grab a camera, SOMEONE tries to take it away. Ah, but we will try to work around that. Gray celebrated his 7 month birthday by helping to make his Daddy's Father's day spectacular.
Gray got Daddy some new GT shorts and Ryle a nice business casual shirt (not pictured). Ryle really enjoyed opening the father's day gifts.
Then we opened up the slip-n-slide and attempted to get Ryle to, well, slip and slide. He didn't quite like it as much as we had hoped he would. Eventually we had him sort of running and sliding, but he wouldn't let us turn the water one high when he did. It's a work in progress I guess.
Dinner ---- hmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about Father's Day dinner.... grilled steaks and artichokes. I'm glad that Ryle likes this meal too so we can have it for his birthday!
Ryle inhaled his meat first, then concentrated on his artichokes. He ate 3/4 of a steak himself and a whole artichoke. When he wants to he can really eat!
Garden news:
We harvested 2 pounds 10 ounces of yellow onions from the garden and I have some more that I still have to get around to pulling up. Still waiting anxiously for the eggplants to finish growing. I have no idea what I am going to make with them, but I know Ryan will hate it. Beans are starting to mature. I found teeny tiny beans on the Blue Lake Bush beans. Let's hope they grow-grow-grow (their overall growth has been a little stunted because they were trapped under the huge bok choy we had in the garden... you know, the one we harvested 2 pounds off of then another half pound the next week.... that one!)! I had a terrible time growing the Asian greens, so I pulled them all and re-amended the area. Let's hope the next batch grow better. But, since Ryle said he would help me plant seeds, they are bound to thrive. I'm wondering if my plants would do better if I played a vuvuzela for them.
Well, off to feed the boys and figure out what our plans are for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment